Now how cute are these for fall or Halloween!! I think I will eat them all!
This is what you will need:
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 4 drops yellow liquid food coloring
- 2 drops red liquid food coloring
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1 (6-ounce) garlic cheese roll
- 1 (7-ounce) jar pimiento-stuffed olives, drained
- Bake pine nuts in a shallow pan at 350°, stirring occasionally, 5 minutes or until toasted; cool.
- Stir together butter and food colorings in a large bowl. Add flour and red pepper; cut in cheese with a pastry blender until mixture is blended. Shape into a large ball using hands.
- Press 1 tablespoon mixture around each olive. Using dull side of a paring knife, score cheese balls with vertical lines to resemble pumpkins. Chill 1 hour.
- Bake on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet at 400° for 10 to 12 minutes or until golden. Place 1 pine nut into each cheese ball to resemble stem. Serve immediately or at room temperature, or freeze up to 1 month.