Petite and fancy.
I stumbled upon this one at the Southern Living web site, another great place for original dishes.
What you need is:
- 24 thin sandwich bread slices
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup diced salad olives
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
How to make them:
- Remove crusts from bread; reserve crusts for another use. Flatten bread slices with a rolling pin.
- Stir together cream cheese and remaining ingredients. Spread 2 tablespoons cream cheese mixture on 1 side of each bread slice. Roll up tightly; cover and chill at least 4 hours. To serve, cut each roll into 4 slices.