Yesterday was a snow day. The kids & I got a little claustrophobic so we decided to go to the Mall of America.
That is a really fun place to bring a kid to eat, or an adult for that matter!
We ordered the appetizer sampler and on there were some Tex/Mex Egg Rolls.
This recipe is my best guess at how to make them.
Here is what you will need:
- 2 cups chicken, cooked and shredded
- 4 ounces, canned tomatoes with green chilies
- 3 tablespoons green onions, minced
- 1 cup of corn
- ½ cup canned black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 tablespoons jalapeno peppers, diced
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup pepper jack cheese, shredded
- 1 package egg roll wrappers
How to make them:In a large bowl, combine all of the ingredients, excluding the egg roll wraps.
Stir until combined.
Remove the egg roll wraps from the package and drape with a damp towel.
Place a heaping teaspoonful of the filling mixture on the egg roll wrapper and wrap it according to the video.
Dab your finger into a bowl of cold water, rub the final triangle of wrapper and rub to seal it closed.
Preheat frying oil to 375 degrees.
Place the wrapped egg rolls into the hot oil, a few at a time, and fry for 2-4 minutes, or until golden brown.
Remove to a paper towel lined plate.
Slice each egg roll in half
Serve with Salsa or guacamole for dipping