What a pleasant surprise to find out this morning that I was nominated for a blogger award by a fellow blogger Amanda with Crafty Cooking Mama, what a sweetheart!
So to be a good sport I must nominate 5 other bloggers and do a little Q & A!
Kinda fun right you get to find out a little bit more about me, some odd facts and most likely get a laugh at my expense, no problem that is what I am here for!
I might take a few great questions and info that Amanda has provided me to help me along in this blog post. I am sure she will not mind!
And what a coincidence I just shared on my Angie's Appetizers FaceBook page today a super refreshing drink from Amanda's site! You can find that here.
What is this Liebster business, you ask? The Liebster Award is an award for bloggers from bloggers. The award is for any blogger, of any genre, who has less than 1k followers. It’s a way you can recognize, support and get to know your fellow blogging buddies.
THE OFFICIAL RULES
You’ve been nominated. Now what…
1. Acknowledge the blogger who nominated you with a thank you & a link to their blog.
2. Display The Liebster Award badge on your blog.
3. Answer 11 questions about yourself, which will be provided by the person who nominated you.
4. Provide 11 random facts about yourself.
5. Nominate 5+ bloggers (with fewer than 1,000 followers) who you feel deserve the award.
6. Create a new list of 11 questions for your nominated bloggers to answer.
7. Make sure you notify your nominees!
Questions from Amanda: (Angie's Answers)
1. What are your earliest cooking inspirations? My Grandma, Mom & watching and imitating Julia Child ( I still do!)
2. Where do you live? What is wonderful about where you call home? The great state of Minnesota! I have been a city girl my whole life, but am now ready for the country! We get all four seasons and each are amazingly beautiful!
3. You can buy a second home (money is no object here) anywhere in the world. Where would you be? That's tuff, I don't travel much (I should say far) well it would have to be by a body of water!
4. What has your proudest accomplishment been in life so far? My 3 wonderful children!
5. Think back to being a kid….What did you want to be when you grew up? Seriously, I have no answer!? I don't remember :(
6. Open up your fridge. What do you see most of in there? Right now too many leftovers, jambalaya and pulled pork nachos. But usually I would say vegetables and cheese.
7. What makes you happy? My family :)
8. What is your most treasured possession? Can I keep answering family? If we are talking about material things I would say any jewelry my wonderful husband has given me
9. You could only eat one type of cuisine for the rest of your life. What would it be? I am an all American girl!
10. 30 years from now – where do you see yourself in life? Living up North MN on a lake with lots of grandchildren!
11. What inspired you to start blogging and what inspires you to keep blogging? Oh good question, I wanted to write a cookbook but I found that process to be difficult. I follow so many bloggers I thought why not try that! It's fun and you meet so many people! And I love to cook!
11 Random facts about me:
1. My favorite color is green, just like my sweet Grandma
2. Yes, this is my natural hair color.
3. I chose my 2 eldest children's names so if they were a boy or a girl it would be easy to switch, My daughter Samantha could have been Samuel & My son Alexander could have been Alexandra (and that is what I thought he was going to be according to all the ultra sounds!) My last child not so much so, I knew he was a boy, Jackson. I like long proper names.
4. I have been to so many years of nursing school but could never pass anatomy, I could only be an assistant or an aide. It was that darn heart I could not memorize.
5. I once saved a woman's life by giving her the Heimlich maneuver in a Chinese restaurant, I was so shaken and embarrassed (shy) I ran out of there.
6. I have anxiety about a lot of things that keep me from doing them. Like driving on the freeway, it's been at least 8 years. That really sucks.
7. My later years of nursing led me to office work, scheduling surgeries and admitting people to urgent care, I found that I really like that and went into the corporate world and helped run 2 large well to do company's in my area.
8. I am a freak and have had the chicken pox more than once , shingles, measles and almost choked on a sucker when I was a toddler (mom loves to tell that story)
9. After 20 years of smoking and 2 tries I have successfully quit, it's been almost 5 years now, and I feel great!
10. The only concert I have been to is Metallica.
11 Questions for my Nominees:
1. What is your favorite season and why?
2. Where is your favoritest place to vacation?
3. What is your favorite food?
4. Morning or evening person?
5. Favorite Appetizer?
6. Drink of choice?
7. Favorite pastime?
8. What is the oddest food you have ever tried?
9. Any nicknames?
10. What is your most embarrassing moment?
11. What is the weirdest thing in your purse, wallet, bag etc. at the moment!?
LAST, BUT NOT LEAST, IN NO PARTICULAR ORDER – ARE MY NOMINEES…..
These are all great bloggers I've had the pleasure to get to know or/and awesome blogs I enjoy reading. Check them out!!! (ok I cheated a bit some of these bloggers have more than 1000 followers)